Welcome to The Beta Program
Lilu is a hands-free pumping bra with automated compression designed to help you produce more milk in less time. The Beta Program let’s you try it out.
About the Lilu Beta Program
What is the Lilu Beta Program?
The purpose of the Beta Program is to test the product's comfort, usability and performance in the real world under a wide variety of environments and schedules. We want feedback from mothers who pump in all sort of scenarios and contexts, so we can know how to improve the product.
How does the Lilu Beta Program work?
- STEP 1 Fill out our sign up form so we know more about you, your current pumping journey, and where to ship the bra. We’ll need approximately 7 days to review your application to see if you’re eligible.*
- STEP 2 Once you're approved as a beta tester, we'll email you a link to digitally read and sign a couple of standard legal documents via HelloSign.
- STEP 3 Once you sign the legal docs, you’ll be taken to a payment portal called Celery. We have a limited number of prototypes and a wait list of beta testers. To ensure we get the bras back, we require a credit card authorization for $99 before we ship the bra to you.*
- STEP 4 As soon as you receive the bra you can follow the instructions below to complete the program. If you have time, we ask that you fill out daily logs about your breast pumping activity and output.
- STEP 5 After you complete the beta test outlined below, schedule a video call with one of our team members to go over any other comments, questions, or concerns you have while using the product.
- STEP 6 Return the bra using the prepaid shipping label we provided in the original box within 15 days of completing the program.*
*Approval is based on prototype availability and Lilu's compatibility with your current pump.
**You won't be charged unless you don't return the product within the agreed time or if you decide to keep it. We use a secure service called Celery so we don't have to store your credit card information.
***If you do not return the bra within this time, we'll assume you decided to keep the bra and charge $99 to the card you provided to us. (Regular price $199)
What is the purpose of the Lilu Beta Tester Program?
The purpose of the Beta Tester Program is to test the product's comfort, usability and performance under a wide variety of environments and schedules. By getting feedback from mothers pumping in different scenarios, with different needs and use cases, we’ll be able to make Lilu the best product possible for pumping mothers.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the trial?
The trial is a minimum of 5 days.
How do I use the Lilu Automated Compression Bra Prototype?
The Lilu automated compression pumping bra holds up the flanges of the breast pump against your body, while providing gentle compression and massage while you pump. More detailed instructions will be provided with the prototype.
What does the compression do?
The compression is designed to mimic breast massage. Studies show that massaging breasts while pumping can help moms produce more milk and help prevent milk duct blockages. The Lilu bra simulates a compression massage to make pumping entirely hands free.
Does it come with a pump?
No. The Lilu Bra is compatible with most major breast pumps, but you will need to supply your own pump.
Is the daily pumping log required?
No! While use of the log is highly encouraged, we understand that you are busy and have your own preferred methods of pumping. We'll reach out to you to have a personal conversation about your experiences either way.
Do I get to keep the bra?
You can keep the bra for a discounted price of $99, otherwise we ask that you please return the bra to us within 15 days of completing the program.
Do you reuse the bras once they’re returned?
The bra you'll receive will be brand new, however we may reuse the massage cushions or controller (after a thorough cleaning, of course). The main reason we ask you to return the bras is so we can inspect them for any wear and tear after use.
Why do I have to give my credit card information? Will I be charged?
At this time, we have a limited number of prototypes and lots of moms interested in the beta program. To make sure as many mothers as possible get to participate, we’re relying on our beta testers to return the bras when they complete the program.
By giving us your credit card information, you are authorizing us to charge your card only if you do not return the prototype within the 15-day period. After 15 days, we’ll assume you decided to keep the bra and will process a payment for $99 (regular price $199).
In the meantime, we are not storing your information. We use a secure service called Celery to make sure your information is safe and secure. You can read more about Celery and the authorization process here.
Are there any risks associated with using the Lilu bra or participating in the Beta program?
Risks associated with using the Lilu bra include but are not limited to:
- Pinching of skin. So far, over 50 moms have tried the product, and only in 2 cases the prototypes pinched skin slightly. If at any point you feel discomfort, turn it off and don't feel obliged to use it again.
- Skin reaction to the materials in the prototype. We’ve taken care to source the best fabrics and materials for Lilu. However, some people with sensitive skin may have a reaction to the materials. If at any point you feel discomfort, turn it off and don't feel obliged to use it again.
- The compression bra may stop working. Part of the purpose of the Beta Program is to identify any technical issues with the product. While we don’t anticipate the product will stop working, it is a possibility.
If you experience any of the above, feel any kind of discomfort, or if you think your milk supply is impacted negatively, stop using the Bra prototype immediately and notify us via email!
More questions? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Beta Testers
Here you'll find instructions about the Beta Program and how to use the Lilu compression bra. If you have additional questions, email us at email@example.com.
We recommend using the pumping log at least once a day to keep track of helpful data, either with or without Lilu. You can fill out as much of it as you like.